Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Happy Anniversary to Us....

So, the church I belong to sends out anniversary cards - thank God! The way my brain has been working lately (or rather NOT working), I could have easily let it slip by - but in keeping with August's theme of being late with almost everything - especially birthday wishes - I let nine days transpire before I posted these cards:










In case you are wondering, I did not make both of them - just the manly deer one for my sweet hubby. He conspired with my buddy Alison and got her to make the adorable "I Love You" card. But the way the card got from her to him to me was truly ingenious. (which really isn't too amazing since Alison's hubby - Adam - is a card carrying genius) ANYWAY, a couple of weekends ago, a bunch of us women of craft gathered at Shannon's house to enjoy several hours of crafting. Each of us brought our own projects to work on (one of mine was the Noble Deer card shown above - the other was the Ryan's fabulous card - which I should be posting tomorrow - it's really cute and I hope he likes it - I'm worried that maybe it will be "too young" for him, but I did remember to send him something from Star Wars, so maybe he will cut me some slack)....


Sorry, wandered off topic...


ANYWAY, Alison tells me that Adam had asked her to give me some modeling info to give to Mike. And she hands me a sealed envelop complete with a sticky note with Adam's request written on it. She makes a big fuss about how he is making us be his couriers now (in a "how dare he" kind of tone). I (being the possibly most gullible person I know) think nothing of it. Later that day, I gave it to Mike and recount the whole thing that Alison told me. He opens the envelop (being very careful not to let me see the contents), says "cool" as he looks inside and quickly changes the subject. Now, I'm suspicious and I'm pretty sure I've delivered my own anniversary card. Of course, I got to wait nine days to find out for sure.