Sunday, February 19, 2012

Scrapbook

In all my years of crafting I have only made two scrapbooks.  My first was a mini scrapbook for my daughter-in-law and was filled with photos taken at her wedding.  I was pleased with the results and actually enjoyed the process - you see I suffer from a rare malady (I'm not sure it even has a name), but, well...I am intimidated by 12 x 12 pieces of card stock.  That is a lot of real estate to fill with pictures and pretty stuff!  Oh, and then, you put two of them side by side and now you have an expanse (24 x 12) to conquer.  Geesh!  It would make me break out in cold sweats just thinking about it....

ANYWAY.... a friend of mine is the owner / operator of Pearl's Pastries. She has brag books to show to potential clients of her previous work and figured her crafty little friend (little ol' me) could pull the wedding cake photographs together in a professional and visually pleasing manner.  At this point, I was having a little pep talk in my head about how nice a little 8 x 8 scrapbook could work out for us... no need to hyperventilate over the dreaded 12 x 12.

During our first meeting, we flipped page by page through her note book.  Peggy gave me all the details on each of her creations.  I quickly realized that the 8 x 8 was really not going to be enough room to showcase her yummy handiwork.  So my 12 x 12 phobia slowly melted away like an ice cream cone in the summer.

Below are just a few of my favorite pages from Pearl's Pastries Wedding Cakes Album:





I have since designed myself some business cards and intend to pursue "crafting for hire" as a means to make some cash while engaging in one of my favorite hobbies.  I ask you, what could be better than that?



No comments: