Sunday, October 31, 2010

I'm Feeling Wooed

A little back ground is needed to set up the story: last week I happened upon the Moody Blues: Lovely to See You concert available to view on my Netflix instant queue. I wanted some background music to fill the quiet empty office for the afternoon and was a perfect fit. A couple of days after that, I received an email from Netflix describing how to download the software directly to our Wii gaming console to allow for viewing of the movies without having to use the discs. Being the techie geek girl that I am, I promptly followed the directions and got us up and running.

Knowing that my hubby enjoys the Moody Blues too, I decided I would play the concert to give us a soundtrack for our Saturday afternoon together. Listening to the songs got us to reminiscing about when we first heard songs like "Tuesday Afternoon" and "Nights in White Satin". (If you are a fan of this group, it is well worth renting or slapping into your Instant Queue.) The second to the last song is "Question". While that song was playing, my sweet husband tells me that it had been sort of his theme song after his split with his ex-wife which was shortly before he met me. It was one of the things that got him motivated to pull himself out of his funk and actually leave the house to meet new people.

The first two lines of the chorus of the song had me clutching my fist to my heart along with a heavy sigh on my lips and a pair of misty eyes:

I'm looking for someone to change my life,
I'm looking for a miracle in my life

Mike earned himself a big hug and kiss for sharing this lovely tidbit with me.

No comments: