Wednesday, October 20, 2010

I Am in Countdown Mode

In February of this year I signed up with No Boundaries. That small act has put me on a much healthier path and has taught me to love exercise. Anyone who has known me for any length of time is probably scratching their head and wondering where the "real" Sheila could be hiding.

On Saturday, October 23, 2010 I will be participating in my second 5K race. This is an important milestone for me. I come from a long, long, LONG line of "couch potatoes" whose idea of exercise is watching a sporting event on television. As I already mentioned, this will be my second 5K race this year...heck, to be honest, it will be my second 5K EVER!

The even is called "The Great Pumpkin Challenge"...it is the one of the fund raising events put on by Saratoga Bridges. They are a fabulous organization which has various programs they offer to the developmentally disabled citizens of our county. I'm really looking forward to lacing up my running shoes and taking a walk in the park. (Saratoga Spa State park to be precise).

No comments: