Tuesday, September 14, 2010

I am a victim of "too much information"

I have been feeling overwhelmed, no assaulted, by the over abundance of information. My office job grows more challenging each day...in spite of the current economic situation, our little business is growing. This is by no means a complaint - it is wonderful to have a sense of job security, but by golly, there just does not seem to be enough hours in the day to accomplish what needs to be done!

My bosses are great people to work for...they have offered their assistance on more than one occasion, but I'm am in such a state of vapor lock, I don't know how to articulate what can be done to help. Both of them are very understanding and are more than willing to listen and they are very supportive of how we are trying to keep on top of things - but I find myself in a state of inactivity because I just can't decide which task needs to be conquered first.

Whew... feels better to have that off my chest... now back to work.


LATER {during my lunch break}....
I get daily devotionals from Proverbs 31 - today's installment included this quote:

"In our culture of constant contact through technology, it' s easy for our attention to be divided and our focus to shift away from those who are in the room with us. Although we are physically present, often times we are mentally absent. At least I know I am. What about you?"

Mentally absent that really describes what I've been struggling to overcome.

No comments: