Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Embracing the Changes

I've never been motivated to exercise on my own...until now...the No Boundaries training program has kicked off a changes in me which are welcome & surprising.

I am a former couch-potato and world class sleeper. I find that I have more energy even though my average night of sleep is six or seven hours (down from eight to ten). Case in point: this morning hubby got to get up at 5:30am to go out on his job; my original plan was to kick him out of bed & into the shower and then catch another hour of sleep before I had to get up to start my day. I woke up at 5:15 - thinking I'd forgotten to set the alarm - not the case. Anyway, I got up to do my morning business (if you know what I mean) and climbed back into bed to await my wifely duties of shaking Mike out of bed. He was sawing some pretty big logs when Air1 started playing. I waited for half of a song, before punching in lightly in the arm. As he trundled off to the shower, I lay in bed feeling wide awake.

The internal argument started: you should relax and get some more rest, you are going to have a full day & need the sleep - NO, NO, NO (the fitness crazed part of me disagreed) Get up and do the two mile brisk walk with Leslie Sansone. My rational self chimed in = if you don't, you will be sorry on Thursday, because we are going to do hills for the first time at our NoBo training. So by 5:45, I was up with the DVD playing & ready to have a good morning workout.

Another change I've noticed is my food cravings: Junk food is losing its appeal and I can't seem to get enough pineapple. I am just eating more sensible foods in smaller portions. My new rule in shopping is the read the ingredients & look for the shortest list. AND I must be able to pronounce each & every ingredient.

I am confident more positive changes are on the horizon for me...stay tuned

No comments: