Thursday, February 12, 2009

Long Time No Blog...

Time has been getting away from me lately - you too?!? Imagine that!!!
Anyway, got a cute story to tell:

A couple of weeks ago, I was goofing around with the six-year-old daughter of a friend of mine (name withheld to protect the guilty) and she wheeled around to me and asked,
"How old are you?"

Being my well-adjusted self about my impending birthday, I answered her with
"As a matter of fact, on my next birthday, I'm going to turn fifty"
The precious little girl gasped and replied in amazement
"WOW! You are almost a hundred!"

The other adults who witnessed the exchange looked like they wanted to crawl under the table to hide. Meanwhile, I almost fell over laughing.

Age truly is just a number, mine just happens to be "half-a-hundred".


In the next couple days, I will be scanning the lovely cards that my crafting friends sent me to celebrate my recent milestone.



Random verse of the day:
"Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good." Romans 12:21

No comments: