Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Friendship Card

My son returned home yesterday from this summer with his dad in scenic (and very hot) New Mexico, just barely in time to start school tomorrow. Being the wonderful son that he is, of course he brought back gifts - I got a lovely pair of tiger eye and silver earings (what can I say, the kid has taste!)

Life just keeps getting better and better!

This year I've gone from working with primarily men to almost entirely women. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate men (I'm married to one - - one of the best) - I adore my husband and love our boys, but there is something very nurturing to me about spending time with my girlfriends - even if it is in the workplace. I have two part-time jobs where I get to go and use my "mad skills" (as my son would call them). In the office, I get to show my spreadsheet prowess and at CJ Banks I get to vent my OCD tendencies by attempting to keep the store looking neat and inviting.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say, is I am thankful for all my wonderful and talented girlfriends!

No comments: